The Chief of the Navy, Admiral R. Hari Kumar, said on Friday that the IWC investigation into the information leak case is still ongoing.
“The central investigative agency, CBI, is still investigating the matter. A Navy investigation is also ongoing. It is premature to comment on these matters,” he said at a press meeting ahead of Navy Day, observed on 4 December. December.
Read also | CBI files charge sheet against two commanders in case of naval escape
The CBI had recently approached the Center seeking permission to add charges under the Official Secrets Act to the matter. If this happens, the alleged defendant, an officer of the rank of serving commander and two former officials, will face pressure.
The ball is in the court of the Ministries of Defense and Law to decide whether to approve the investigation agency or not.
Six Navy officers have been indicted by the investigating agency on charges under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
It has been alleged that the defendant leaked classified information about the Russian-born Kilo-class submarine.
SJ Singh, who was previously at the Submarine Acquisition Directorate (DSMAQ), allegedly leaked the information to ‘middle man’ Randeep Singh, who was also demanding more information from him on Navy operations and had offered him an illegal bonus in this regard. .
See the latest DH videos: