Alphabet-owned Google has released an update for its web browser called Chrome. The update contains fixes for various security-related issues present in the browser. Additionally, users are advised to update their Google Chrome browsers immediately as it contains an emergency patch for a zero-hour vulnerability that could have been exploited by criminals or attackers. Read more about the Google Chrome vulnerability and the Google Chrome update that fixes it below.
Google Chrome vulnerability names
The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team, long-time CERT, has recently issued a warning about critical vulnerabilities in Google Chrome. In its warning, CERT asks Chrome users to immediately upgrade to the new version of the browser. A report published on December 14, 2021 by CERT says that “multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Google Chrome that could be exploited by a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the target system.”
How to download the latest update for Google Chrome?
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- In a navigation window, go to the three dots located in the upper right corner of the interface.
- Find and click the option that says “Settings”
- There, click on the ‘three lines’ menu located in the upper left corner of the screen
- At the bottom of the menu, click an option that says “About Chrome.”
- When a user opens it, Chrome will automatically detect if there is a stable update available to the user.
Image: ANI / Representative Image