PlugShare, which describes itself as the world’s largest EV community, celebrates more than 1 million app downloads in 2021 (the milestone was achieved in early December).
The PlugShare platform belongs to Recargo, a company founded in 2009, which in July 2021 was acquired and became a wholly owned subsidiary of EVgo (for $ 25 million).
The service is one of the best when looking for charging locations and checking if a particular charging point is working.
“PlugShare is the leading platform used by EV drivers to locate and select public chargers. The solution enables users to share their experiences and feedback on specific locations with other drivers, better plan short and long-range EV trips. , rate your charging experiences through the proprietary PlugScore feature, use Pay with PlugShare on select charging networks, and more. “
As of December 9, more than 3.6 million unique Apple App Store and Google Play accounts worldwide downloaded the PlugShare app on their devices, resulting in 3.8 million reviews of public upload locations.
The company also points out that as of July 2021, “There were 7 unique installations of the PlugShare app for every 10 EVs in operation in the US, reflecting the significant user penetration of the platform among US EV drivers.”
Cathy Zoi, CEO of EVgo said:
“Electric vehicle adoption requires more than cars: it requires great cars, reliable charging, and great software. EVgo acquired Recargo because we know how important the PlugShare platform is in helping new and existing electric vehicle drivers around the world charge, and this 1 millionth annual discharge milestone is one of many as growth proliferates. of electric vehicles “.
Nick Wild, President and CEO of Recargo, said:
“The recent influx of reviews on the PlugShare platform is a testament to the growing demand for electric vehicles and the charging infrastructure that new and existing electric vehicle drivers use to go electric. The PlugShare community continues to be the best place for accurate EV charging information and we are excited to continue supporting drivers and infrastructure providers around the world. “
A simple search and review of charging points is not the only offer of the PlugShare platform, since since 2019 the company has developed a whole family of services, including:
- Creation of PlugShare, the world’s largest EV community, with approximately 3 million unique driver app downloads worldwide1. PlugShare has become the go-to source for finding and choosing public electric vehicle charging, sharing experiences with other drivers, rating charging experiences through the patented PlugScore feature, planning electric vehicle trips and paying for charging.
- Developing Pay with PlugShare (PWPS), a mobile payment platform that allows a fluid and reliable payment for multiple charging networks through a single application.
- Implementation of the PlugShare API to integrate rich data from the PlugShare network into global automakers’ dashboards and custom web and mobile applications.
- Integrate relevant ads into the PlugShare website and mobile app.
- Launch of PlugInsights, the world’s largest electric vehicle driver panel (approximately 72,000 drivers) for use with qualitative research and surveys.