- Police say the girls’ mother, who was one of the complainants in the case, is also missing.
- Police say the two missing girls are in Afghanistan and that recovery efforts are under way.
- Two men were arrested for allegedly forcing women to record inappropriate videos and then share them on social media.
QUETTA: The missing girls in the case of the leaked video that came to light Friday could not be recovered yet, police said Sunday while sharing the development of the investigation of the case.
On Friday, police arrested two men for allegedly forcing the women to record inappropriate videos and then share them on social media. Both suspects, said to be brothers, were arrested after police launched an investigation into the incident.
According to a statement issued by the police, the mother of the missing girls, who is one of the complainants in the case, has also disappeared from the scene, adding that they are trying to contact her.
The police added that the two missing girls are in Afghanistan and that efforts are underway for their recovery.
In laying out the details of the case, the police said that two complaints had been filed to report the leaked video at the Qaidabad police station in Quetta. The first complaint was filed by the mother of the missing girls, while the other was filed by another victim.
Meanwhile, the Balochistan Interior Minister said the government is in contact with the Afghan authorities for the return of the missing girls.
Police arrest men for filming and sharing inappropriate videos of girls
Following the arrest, the suspects were taken into police custody for 14 days for questioning. The initial investigation into the incident revealed that the suspects lured women into jobs but then forced them to record inappropriate videos, police said.
Police further added that they have confiscated mobile phones, videos, USB sticks and other devices containing the suspects’ videos and sent them for forensic analysis. The cybercrime cell of the Federal Bureau of Investigation has also been contacted for help, police said.
Meanwhile, an investigation team, led by SSP Operations Abdul Haq, was formed to investigate the case.
Balochistan’s Chief Minister, Mir Abdul Quddus Bizenjo, took note of the incident and ordered that strict measures be taken against the culprits.
“The culprits will be brought to justice,” promised the prime minister.