One of the most popular first person shooter games ever made is GoldenEye 007. Based on the James Bond movie of the same name, developer Rare managed to revolutionize console FPS gaming with GoldenEye 007, becoming one of the essential games of the Nintendo 64. GoldenEye 007Its popularity has persisted for years, but due to a variety of licensing and other issues, the game has never been re-released.
Activision shot a GoldenEye 007 remake, but turned the game into a Obligations clone and featured none of the content that made the original a hit back in the day. Again, this was due to licensing issues as Xbox-owned Rare developed the game, Nintendo published it, and Activision had control of the James Bond license. But while this licensing nightmare has gone on GoldenEye 007 to receive a remastering or a modern re-release, it is not for want of trying.
Rare allegedly developed a GoldenEye 007 remaster for Xbox Live Arcade that Xbox was hoping to release, but those plans were thwarted by the aforementioned licensing issues. However, there has been a new development suggesting that a GoldenEye 007 remastering or porting to modern consoles can really happen. A list for GoldenEye 007 Xbox achievements have appeared online, with illustrations of each achievement, suggesting that the remastering could be happening sooner rather than later.
No official announcement has been made at the time of writing, so it is best to GoldenEye 007 fans to keep their expectations in check. It is very possible that there is nothing on this leaked list of achievements, so fans should keep that in mind. Still, it is one of the most compelling evidence that a GoldenEye 007 remaster exists, and if so, fans now know what they need to do to unlock all the achievements.
GoldenEye 007 Xbox Achievement List
- TO RUN! (20G) – Complete Dam on any difficulty.
- Now try to shoot for 2:05 … (20G) – Complete setup on any difficulty
- Walk away! (20G) – Complete Runway on any difficulty.
- Double handle! (20G) – Complete Surface 1 on any difficulty
- Shooting cameras! (20G) – Complete Bunker 1 on any difficulty.
- Old school rockets! (20G) – Complete Silo on any difficulty.
- Calm Seas (20G) – Complete Frigate on any difficulty
- Back Again, Part One (20G) – Complete Surface 2 on any difficulty
- Back Again, Part Two (20G) – Complete Bunker 2 on any difficulty
- So, So Lost … (20G): Complete Statue Park on any difficulty
- Question this! (20G) – Full files on any difficulty
- TANK! (20G) – Complete streets on any difficulty
- Short Respite (20G): Complete the depot on any difficulty.
- How long is this train ?! (20G) – Complete Train on any difficulty
- Atmosphere, 90’s style! (20G) – Complete Jungle on any difficulty.
- Hello, Mr. Bond! (20G) – Complete control on any difficulty
- I know it’s here somewhere … (20G): Complete Caverns on any difficulty
- Fight the blockbuster boss! (20G) – Complete Cradle on any difficulty.
- That music though … (30G) – Complete Aztec on any difficulty.
- Samedi fights fever! (30G) – Complete Egyptian on any difficulty.
- Welcome Back, 007 (40G): Complete GoldenEye’s story on Agent difficulty.
- Mission True (50G): Complete GoldenEye’s story on Secret Agent difficulty.
- Oh, James … (60G) – Complete GoldenEye’s story on 00 Agent difficulty.
- Double ZZZZAP! (10G) – Unlock 2x lasers by completing Aztec in Secret Agent at 9:00
- Better than 2x Klobbs (10G): Unlock 2x RC-RP90 by completing Caverns on 00 Agent in 9:30 or less
- Who needs framerate? (10G) – Unlock 2x Rocket Launchers by completing Bunker 1 on 00 Agent in 4:00 or less
- Target located! (10G) – Unlock 2 throwing knives by completing Bunker 2 on the agent in 1:30 or less
- Complete arsenal! (10G) – Unlock all weapons by completing Egyptian on 00 Agent in 6:00 or less
- Chest-Pounding Divinity (10G) – Unlock DK Mode by completing Catwalk on the Agent in 5:00 or less
- DUCK! (10G) – Unlock Enemy Rockets by completing Streets on Agent in 1:45 or less
- Here they come! (10G): Unlock the fast animation by completing the statue in the secret agent in 3:15 or less
- Best in Class (10G) – Unlock Gold PP7 by completing Cradle on Agent in 2:15 or less
- One Shot, Just One … (10G) – Unlock Golden Gun by completing Egyptian on any difficulty
- The Art of Boom (10G): Unlock 2x Grenade Launchers by completing Surface 1 in the Secret Agent in 3:30 or less
- Now it’s Klobbering time! (10G) – Unlock infinite ammo by completing control over the secret agent in 10:00 or less
- Where are you, Dr. Doak? (10G): Unlock invincibility by completing installation on 00 Agent in 2:05 or less
- Cheat! (10G) – Unlock invisibility by completing files on 00 Agent in 1:20 or less
- Screen cheat! (10G) – Unlock No Radar (Multiple) by completing Frigate in Secret Agent in 4:30 or less
- This Is the Way (10G) – Unlock Paintball mode by completing Dam on Secret Agent in 2:40 or less
- Is that all I get for this ?! (10G) – Unlock Silver PP7 by completing Train on 00 Agent in 5:25 or less
- So much drama! (10G) – Unlock slow animation by completing Depot on Secret Agent in 1:40 or less
- They are all weird! (10G) – Unlock Tiny Bond by completing Surface 2 on 00 Agent in 4:15 or less
- Booster! (10G) – Unlock Turbo mode by completing Silo on Agent in 3:00 or less
- Double-Cut (10G) – Unlock 2 Hunting Knives by completing Jungle on Agent in 3:45 or less
- World Tour (20G) – Play a multiplayer match on all maps
- Decimated (20G) – Play 10 multiplayer matches
- Q Branch Specialist (20G) – Play a multiplayer match with each set of weapons
- Playing by the rules (20G): Play each type of multiplayer scenario at least once
- Multiple Streak (20G) – Play five multiplayer games in a row
- Merciless (20G) – Kill a player while unarmed
- License to Kill (20G) – Get 100 kills in multiplayer matches over time.
- A Treehouse Classic (20G) – Play a game: Remote Mines, in Complex
- Slapstick Comedy (20G) – Play a game: Slappers Only, in Complex, License to Kill
- I should use a guide (20G) – Win the multiplayer award ‘Mostly Harmless’
- Unusual Job (20G) – Play as Oddjob in a multiplayer match (Secret)
The list, which originally appeared on True Achievements, shows what GoldenEye 007 Players will have to do to unlock everything, and for the most part it’s pretty straightforward. Most of the achievements revolve around the GoldenEye 007 Single player campaign, in which players go through a variety of levels based on scenes from the GoldenEye 007 film. It appears that each level has an achievement attached to it, so fans will unlock a large number of player scores as they progress through the story.
After beating the GoldenEye 007 story, Xbox players will have to tackle it at higher difficulty levels to unlock additional achievements while also completing quick races to unlock traps. Filtering GoldenEye 007 achievements, assuming the list is real, basically guide players by unlocking everything in the game, so that players don’t have to go out of their way to do something ridiculous to unlock any of the achievements. Unless you count on getting through levels quickly and on ridiculous difficult difficulties, that is.
While most of GoldenEye 007 The leaked achievements revolve around the single player experience, there are some that also focus on multiplayer. GoldenEye 007Multiplayer is a big reason why the game was so popular at the time of its original release and why it remained popular for years thereafter. With this in mind, it makes sense that there are a variety of achievements that revolve around the multiplayer experience.
However, like single player achievements, leaked multiplayer achievements for GoldenEye 007 It basically rewards players for playing, with an achievement for playing 10 games and another for getting 100 kills in multiplayer over time. There is also a fun achievement that players can unlock to play as Oddjob, which was known in the original game to be an unfair choice as its short stature made it more difficult to shoot.
2022 marks the 25th anniversary of GoldenEye 007release, so if a remaster was ever going to come, now seems like the perfect time. However, there are some lingering questions about the remaster that will need to be answered. For example, will the game feature new graphics or will it stick with the Nintendo 64 art style? Will it offer a revamped control scheme or will it use a setup similar to what it did in 1997? And finally, the GoldenEye 007 Does Remaster have online multiplayer support?
If he GoldenEye 007 The remastering is real, as this leaked list of achievements indicates, fans should get their answers sooner rather than later. And if it is real, one has to wonder how the licensing issues were solved. Maybe an agreement was reached where the game will be released for both Nintendo Switch and Xbox, or maybe the parties involved reached some other agreement. For now, fans will want to wait for an official announcement for the GoldenEye 007 remaster before they get too excited.
GoldenEye 007 is available on Nintendo 64.
MORE: Why is GoldenEye 007 hard to remaster or bring back?
Source: True Achievements
Harry Potter’s Emma Watson, unusually, took to social media to end ongoing speculation about her career once and for all.
About the Author