Microsoft will launch its new Windows 11 soon and, if you are a Windows 10 user, the update to the new operating system would be free. The official release date has yet to come out, but Windows 11 is expected to arrive in the 2021 holiday season, sometime in the next few months. As soon as it arrives, users will be able to upgrade to the new operating system just like Windows 10. As long as their desktop or laptop meets the minimum requirements.
In case you are a member of the Windows Insider program, you can download the first Windows 11 Insider Preview to try out some of the new features including virtual desktop, instant layouts, widgets, and the new Microsoft Store. First of all, check if your Windows 10 PC is eligible for free updates to Windows 11. Check all the details of it on the Microsoft site for the specs.
How to download the Windows 11 Insider Preview build
With the Windows 11 Insider program, one can easily download the first Windows 11 Insider Preview build, but keep in mind that beta versions usually have bugs. Try not to download the beta version on the main device, instead, test it on a test device. The following steps will walk you through how to download the Windows 11 Insider Preview build.
1. Make sure your system is running on the licensed version of Windows 10 operating system.
2. Open settings followed by Update & Security and the Windows Insider program.
3. Now choose an account to start and select ‘+’ to connect to the Microsoft account and continue.
4. Follow all the instructions carefully and choose the channel you want to include the beta channel (for first-time users), the version preview channel (those who want the latest version before launch) or the development channel ( for developers).
5. Check all the terms and the Privacy Statement and confirm.
6. Now reboot the system and make sure the data settings are correct before downloading the preview builds.
7. Lastly, go to settings followed by Update & Security and Windows Update. Tap Check for updates where you can see the latest Insider Preview based on your choice of settings.
How to download Windows 11 with the final version
As soon as Windows 11 is available to all Windows users, they can go into the system settings followed by Update & Security, Windows Update and tap on check for updates. If the update is available for your supported laptop or desktop, you will find the feature update to Windows 11 from where you can click Download and Install.
Read all the latest news, breaking news and news about coronavirus here